Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Stripped Down Motor Snack

 I wanted to do this experiment before my high school interns from New Leaf come visit the JM CSW this Friday. I'll bring enough supplies for a couple of them to try it if they want... it definitely took me longer than 30 minutes & I had 18-gauge copper wire rather than 20 & my paper clips were not cooperating. I think I got it though - although it does eventually slow down to a deep rotational spin... and I would think a proper motor or generator should be reliable not to slow down so I'll have to keep working on this until it's perfected! My daughter can help me when she gets home from school, she did a great job assembling our magnetic shielding exhibit yesterday. 
A big thanks to Electrical & Plumbing Incorporatedfor the copper wire!


No comments:

Post a Comment